wireless gamig reciever for windows

Old January 5th 08, 10:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Chris

Default wireless gaming reciever for windows

so its really just one of those wait and see things thanks

"Doug Corkum" wrote:

I have the same problem as you do Chris. I actually had my controller
working for a short period of time. Some place i read that Vista had a bug
that needed to be worked out and I needed to download an update. I
downloaded the update and teh controller worked fine. Shortley there after I
went to play my game and it would not connect, just did the same things yours
did. I installed all the software etc...on my gf's laptop which runs XP and
it works fine so i know it's not the controller itself, seems like we are
missing something in Vista.

"Chris" wrote:

yes i have done that about 20 times, (thats usually whats the first thing
everyone says to do) so what would you suggest mabye the reciever is broken
some how or its a incompatibility issue?

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

Then about the only other thing I can think of would be to reinstall the USB
drivers (delete/reboot/reinstall).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Chris" wrote in message
ok i tried that too and it still doesnt work

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

Hi,

There is this, but it doesn't appear to be up at the moment:
http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US...ebSupport.aspx

Also, just for s&g, run msconfig from the start/search prompt and place
the
system in selective startup mode, then disable everything on the startup
tab
except the xbox software. Apply/ok and reboot. If it starts working, then
there is a software conflict.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Chris" wrote in message
so what would you rlast suggestion be call microsoft, go to a wired
controller give it up? by the way thanks for the help

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

Hi Chris,

Sorry, lost track of this thread. Unfortunately though, I don't have
any
further suggestions.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Chris" wrote in message
i hate to bump a thrad but does anybody else have anything to add?

"Chris" wrote:

ok now i deselected everything and selected the windows xbox
controller,
restarted the system and it still did not work. so then i tried
unpluging
it
and repluging it to see if that would work while i had all the
startup
things
turned off didnt work. then i turned everything back on tried it
and
tried no
luck. then un/re pluging it in and tried it again... still no luck.
what
now?
By the way thanks for the help so far. i appreciate it cause nobody
so
far
has even tried to help at this point.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

Hi

Then the next step would be to check for interference from some
other
application by disabling anything that loads at startup besides
the
xbox
software. You can rerun msconfig for this and disable other
programs
on the startup tab, and this includes your antivirus product.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Chris" wrote in message
yes i have tried unpluging it several times since i reinstalled
the
hardware
yesterday...

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

Hi,

Have you tried unplugging it from the USB port and reinserting
it?
This
should reinitialize the receiver, it's happened to me a few
times.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Chris" wrote in message
news
yes it is configured to come on and yes the light does come
on.
When
you
push the button on the reciever it blinks and then when you
push
the
connect
button on the controller it will "ACT" like it is connecting
and
the
reciver
will stop blinking, and the ring on the controller will stop
spining
but
then
it ( the ring ) will just blink and thats all it will do
until
you
turn
the
controller off.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

Hi,

Click start and type msconfig, then hit enter. On the
startup
tab
make
sure the xbox software is enabled to load at boot. Windows
Defender
may
be
blocking it as well. If the light on the receiver does not
come
on as
the
system finishes booting, then something is blocking it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Chris" wrote in message
ok i tried uninstalling and installing the link you gave
me
twice
and
it's still not picking the controller up. i push the
button
on
the
reciever
and it blinks then i turn the controller on an push the
"connect"
button
and
the circle goes round and round, then it just blinks and
blinks...
any
ideas?

Rick Rogers wrote:
Hi,

Uninstall the current software, then download and
install
the
most
recent
one for x64 he
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/ga...indows%20Vista

Old February 13th 08, 08:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
gothaggis

Default wireless gamig reciever for windows

The wireless gaming receiver worked great for me under XP. Just
upgraded to Vista Business x64 and it no longer works - the green light
doesn't even turn on when plugging it and the computer doesn't see it.

any ideas?

Under my other computer running vista x64 (before I switched back to XP
many months ago) it did work, but it wouldn't work if I had any wireless
mice (well, my logitech one anyway). Upon contacing microsoft, they
said it was a logitech issue, and upon contacting logitech, they said it
was a microsoft issue. nice one.

--
gothaggis