Old December 6th 09, 03:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
gtalarico

Default Not able to enable Wireless Adapter

Hello everyone

I am running Vista 64, and I WAS having a similar problem.

I was trying to use a USB WLAN adapter, and I had tried 4 different
adapters, and all updated drivers for each adapter. Had tried turning
off AV and firewall.

With every driver and adapter, the same problem:
Windows seemed happy with the driver, but the adapter always showed as
"disabled". If tried to enable, it would show: "Enabling.........
Enabled!" but it would never actually enable it.
After weeks of troubleshooting and searching the net, I had given up.

This afternoon, I accidentally figured out what was causing this
problem!

Uninstall ZoneAlarm!

Somehow, even when ZA was disabled, it was keeping my wireless device
from enabling....

I hope this will help someone.

--
gtalarico