Meaning of slow red pulse in W/less Laser Mouse 8000??

Old December 2nd 07, 08:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter

Default Meaning of slow red pulse in W/less Laser Mouse 8000??

As with most of Microsoft's hardware, there never is any literature that
fully explains everything. I just bought this as part of Entertainment
Desktop 8000 bundle.
The mouse uses one rechargeable Energizer battery. If I put the mouse on
the recharger it slowly flashes green - charging, which is OK. Then it will
start rapidly flashing red, which I believe means fully charged.
Within minutes of removing it from the charger it starts slow red flashing,
which I take as "battery needs charging" - what gives with this stupid
thing? It's actually fully charged because I've taken it out and charged on
my own battery charger.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

Old December 2nd 07, 09:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Hi,

I believe that periodic flashing indicates that it is communicating or
maintaining contact with the wireless reciever.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Old December 2nd 07, 09:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter

Ah, I see, thanks.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

Old June 19th 08, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
kaufmed

I know this is an old thread, but when my mouse is fully charged, it
shows a solid green light. It recently started quickly flashing red
which led me here. My investigation seems to indicate that the quick
flashing red means the mouse cannot find the bluetooth connection it had
(as I had disconnected my bluetooth adapter to use another mouse). After
plugging the adapter back in and powering off (then back on) the mouse,
I again received a green light from the mouse.

I hope this helps!

Kenneth

Peter;553695 Wrote:
Ah, I see, thanks.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"Rick Rogers" wrote in message
Hi,

I believe that periodic flashing indicates that it is communicating

or
maintaining contact with the wireless reciever.

--
Best of Luck,

'Microsoft Most Valuable Professional'

(http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/)