Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Call of duty 4, mss32.dll not a valid x64 program?

Old April 14th 08, 07:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
rippa1[_2_]

Default Call of duty 4, mss32.dll not a valid x64 program?

I had this error with Rainbow Six Las Vegas 2. I installed the latest
DirectX 9 (I run Vista 64bit) after a quick search of the net for a
solution and it fixed it. I didn't update punkbuster.

--
rippa1

*Vista 64 / Q6600 (B) @ 3.2 */ *Xfx 780i*
*4 x 1gb Geil Ultra DDR2 / **Xfi Extreme Gamer*
*Corsair Dominator/ Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme*
*2 x 320gb WD AAKS Raid 0** / 2 x 8800GT512mb OC
OCZ 600w / Antec 900 / Logitech G15-G5 / 32" LCD
**
*
Old April 15th 08, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Andy [YaYa]

rippa1 wrote in news:rippa1.37vh90@no-
mx.forums.net:

I had this error with Rainbow Six Las Vegas 2. I installed the latest
DirectX 9 (I run Vista 64bit) after a quick search of the net for a
solution and it fixed it. I didn't update punkbuster.

I did a search for mss32.dll is not a 64-bit application and COD4, and it
spit out punkbuster as a possible problem.

mss32.dll is a Microsoft Sound System driver I believe. Most DirectX
related issues are dx*.dll type files, but you are more than likely
correct. I guess older applications check for DirectX 9, they see 10 and
think they don't have to do anything.

As I recall, "Best-Practices" for DirectX is to call dxsetup at EVERY game
installation, dxsetup knows how to correctly verify that all DirectX files
are in place for that game. Just another oversight by PC game devs wanting
to do things their own way.

--
-A.
Old August 16th 09, 11:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
BloodClutch

I get the same exsact Problem!
well to get it off my chest, i downloaded cod4 as a torrent so yeah, i
went to crack opned up "iw3sp" and said i was missing mss32.dll i got
that then said the AIL configuration crap and stuff, i got into both
program files and (86x) and still cant find a folder that says Actvision
or Call Of Duty 4

REPLY ASAP! WITH ANSWER

--
BloodClutch
BloodClutch's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/125620.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old August 16th 09, 11:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
BloodClutch[_2_]

But anyways when i try to install patch it says "Cannot Find a Valid
Call Of Duty 4 (R) - Modern Wafare (TM)

I downloaded the game (Torrent from BitTorrent)**

And i cant find it, so i cant even start up the game because i'm having
truble even getting the setup for it!! ((

Old January 8th 10, 06:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
RobertoDi

the file iw3sp in the crack folder is the modified exe copy that to the
directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern
Warfare" and run that´s it

The mss32.dll is in this directory

--
RobertoDi