Realtek Microphone Monitor - Here's how

Old December 30th 08, 03:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dean Hull

Default Realtek Microphone Monitor - Here's how

I have an Acer Aspire 9920 laptop with Realtek HD Audio and am
struggling to enable the microphone input monitor. I have tried every
bit of advice i can find using google to no avail. My driver version is
6.0.1.5755 but have tried installing and older version and another 2 or
3 versions both from the Acer site and also from the Realtek site.

The reason i want to enable microphone input monitor is so i can use
the laptop for karaoke, the laptop has built in microphones to be used
for video conferencing, web chat etc which is obviously why input
monitoring is disable by default but surely when an external microphone
is plugged into the front jack an option to monitor the input should be
available? In my control panel under ACER HD AUDIO MANAGER there is even
a karaoke setting under the speakers/sound effects tab where you can
click on the microphone graphic to show a red cross to disable it and to
change the pitch etc !! bizarre considering that Acer MUST realise that
Vista combined with realtek is a no no for karaoke !

A solution would be fantastic...i am considering looking at the
possibility of a dual boot system - would this be an easy workaround ??
...the easiest solution with be a registry hack i would guess.

Thanks, Merry Christmas and Happy New year !!

--
Dean Hull
Old December 30th 08, 05:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

When you go to Control Panel/sounds and select the recordings tab when
Microphones show up? And for each one that shows up what properties for
them show up?
On my HP laptop my built in sound shows up and in it's properties the front
mike can be selected as active.

Old December 31st 08, 12:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dean Hull

Control Panel/Sound just shows one microphone properties and nothing is
muted but whatever you change does not have any affect on speaker
output.

--
Dean Hull
Old January 1st 09, 10:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ThibodauxOnline[_2_]

I feel your pain. I am having the same problem on an Acer TravelMate
5720 with Realtek Audio running XP. I cannot monitor the input live.
Everything works on playback. Realtek is no help whatsoever. Will not
answer emails. Does anyone have a solution??? Nothing I have found
seems to work.

Ben

--
ThibodauxOnline
ThibodauxOnline's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/thibodauxonline.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old February 15th 09, 07:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
hindothahustla

i have an acer 6930 and im having the same problem with monitoring can
someone show tell me how to change the settings

--
hindothahustla
hindothahustla's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/hindothahustla.htm

Old April 8th 09, 08:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
naroqueen

Solution!
don't depent on vista to update your audio drive, download the latest
audio driver update from their website and run it MANUALLY... I have
Realtek audio and this just worked very fine; after the instalation,
more controls appeared in the playback devices levels tab and I could
unmute the mic and higher its volume too!

--
naroqueen
naroqueen's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/88311.htm

Old August 13th 09, 03:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
magicstop

I've been following this thread, frustrated, as I'm a Dell Vostro 1510
user with Realtek integrated sound, and I can't get a fix for this
problem. As others stated, the fix for Realtek users featuring the
subfolder AD1981 in the registry doesn't work because the folder isn't
there.
So, I've been doing some digging around in the registry, and I think
I've found some info that could be helpful (in the right hands . . . and
I'm hoping the right hands are here )
In the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Cl ass\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0015\
folder, I found my Realtek HD sound driver info. It's got several
subfolders such as Drivers, DS3D, and settings. After digging through
these, several binary files seem promising, but I don't know what to
make of them.
Will someone with the knowledge to adjust these check it out? I think
that's where our fix lies...
Particularly check out:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Cl ass\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0015\Settings\MicProperty

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Cl ass\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0015\Settings\Drv5512_DevType_0268_S S10280273

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Cl ass\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0015\DS3D\OTHER

Hope we can find a solution for the problem!

--
magicstop
magicstop's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/124399.htm

Old September 30th 09, 09:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ianchulapa

Ok, `till now we have got 4 solutions:

1. Toshiba A215-S7422, Realtek ADI1981HD Audio Chip - by Uspino
2. Dell, Windows XP and a Sigmatel STAC 975x Audio Chip - by Neutrion
3. Dell, Windows XP and a Sigmatel STAC 92xxHD Audio Chip - by Neutrion
4. Dell, Windows Vista and Sigmatel STAC 92xxHD Audio Chip - by
Neutrion

Now we need a solution for Acer Aspire, Windows Vista with Realtek...

I`m using Acer Aspire 5735, Windows Vista Home Edition 32-bit, and the
soundboard: Realtek High Definition Audio, Driver Version 6.0.1.5943 /
R234 (driver released on September 2009).

When I go to the Registry I have the following setup:

{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
0000
Drivers
Global Settings
Mixer Settings
PinConfigOverrideVerbs
Power Settings
Settings
Waveport Settings

0001 - (Default), DriverDate, DriverDateData, etc..
(no folders inside)

and I have the same thing that has in 0001 from the folders 0002 to
0006.

Trying our 4 solutions (even that I know that all the setups were
different):

- There is no "MicV" and "MonR" in the registry. (unsucessful for 1st
solution)
- There is no DisableMicFromPlayback, or EnablePoPBypass, or
DisableMicSelect (unsucessful for 2nd solution)
- There is no EnableInputMonitor, EnableIntSpkrMute, (unsucessful for
3rd solution)
- There is no filter\SpeakerHp folder in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Cl ass\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\Settings\
- the only folder that I have inside is this one is
Drv5943_DevType_0268_SS10250176, but I`ve created the binary
'EnableInputMonitor' in the main folder and in the latter, but it didn`t
change anything after restarting, etc. (unsucessful for 4th solution)

Is there any solution? I`ve bought a guitar link usb interface (it
works via ASIO) and the same thing happens...no monitoring sound!! It`s
not fair paying so much for a product that doesn`t work in a simple
thing like that..and I just bought for recording. Does anyone knows if a
buy another soundcard it will work? The problem appears to be in the
connection between Acer Aspire and Windows Vista.

Thanks, and I wish luck for us!

Ian

--
ianchulapa