Old January 20th 10, 11:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
[email protected]

Default The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

When you click on cancel, does it show an error message? If so,
post the complete error message.

Also, which antivirus are you running?

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

"Aaron" wrote in message
I don't think it is how my email and password is formatted. When I
initially
start windows Mail, I can get new mail, send mail, delete mail...
everything
is dandy. After about 5 mins of leaving it open, a dialog pops up telling
me
my credentials are wrong. If I wait for a wile before hitting ok, then
cancel
(two separate dialogs)it will go away and let me do more email for a
while...

" wrote:

Some email servers insist that you enter your username with no spaces
and no CAPITAL LETTERS. Some insist that you follow it with the
part of your email address starting with @, and some insist that you
don't. Many insist that you use CAPITAL and lowercase letters in
the correct places in your password. Many give unclear error messages
about what the problems are if you don't follow these rules.

"Aaron" wrote in message
I am having this same issue it makes me want to scream.