Old January 31st 07, 08:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Waldosr

Default 4GB of ram

Ok i was looking at getting the 64-bit version and found this:
"All editions of Windows Vista 64-bit provide increased memory support
beyond the standard 4 gigabytes (GB) available with 32-bit editions. Refer to
the specific edition of Windows Vista 64-bit to determine maximum memory
capacity."

Is this a lie?
Here is the url
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ons/64bit.mspx

"Waldosr" wrote:

I just installed an extra 2GB of RAM in my PC bringing the total to 4GB. My
BIOS is picking up the 4GB of RAM but vista says that I only have 3GB
installed. Any suggestions. I thought Vista supported up to 4GB