Windows Fax and Scan: Preview or scan images as separate files

Old April 1st 08, 02:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
bjr

Default Windows Fax and Scan: Preview or scan images as separate files

Russ has been a positive supporter of these news groups for some time
and the comments on Ilene's problem (not described in his post) by
hazymat were inappropriate.
In my 45 years in the computing business, 99% of the user problems I
have seen are either self inflicted or the result of basic lack of
common sense. The old saying applies- it's tough to soar like an eagle
when you work with (or help out)a bunch of turkeys. I would classify
hazymat as a member of the turkey group.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
You failed to quote any of this now outdated thread, so I have no idea
what you're talking about. But thanks for your thoughts. You are most
certainly incorrect to suggest that WFS was intended to replace the
software each scanner vendor supplies for creating documents from its
scanners. A specific vendor's third party software will and should be
better suited to those tasks than a generic OS utility.

Old July 8th 08, 04:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
germanchiwawa

With all due respect, you all suck. Vista Scan and Fax is broken, and
instead of responding to this nice lady's question you misinterpreted it
and gave snide responses.

--
germanchiwawa
Old January 11th 09, 09:55 PM
MicrosoftSucks MicrosoftSucks is offline
Junior Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanchiwawa View Post
With all due respect, you all suck. Vista Scan and Fax is broken, and
instead of responding to this nice lady's question you misinterpreted it
and gave snide responses.

--
germanchiwawa
I have been disqusted with microsoft for several years. Their software comes broke out of the box, their game console spends more time in the repair shop than in the home, and now it appears that their idea of "support" is to cut down and trivialize people who are trying to get help with their software that should work better or be better explained in the first place.
I too came across this thread because I can't enable the option "PREVIEW OR SCAN IMAGES AS SEPARATE FILES"- (did you get that?) thats PREVIEW- to look at a picture or document before it is captured to a storage device, OR SCAN- to actually capture the picture or document to a storage device, IMAGES- the digital form of a picture or document, AS SEPARATE FILES- meaning as multiple different individual files. Is that clear enough? See I can be condesending too. As a person who has spent hundreds of dollars on way overpriced, underdesigned, no quality crap from microsoft over the years, I think I, and we all, deserve quality support without the smug, dismissive and unintelligent attitude displayed on this thread by the "MVPs."
I have to agree with hazymat- the original question couldnt have been more clear. However let me take a stab at it. You know the option toward the bottom of the New Scan dialog window? It says "Preview or Scan Images as Separate Files." It is greyed out, that is, it is in a light grey hue. That means that the checkbox cannot be checked, and the option cannot be enabled, or used. The questions we have a "WHY?" and "HOW DO WE GET IT TO WORK?" I dont think these are particularly difficult-- Oh, wait, let me rephrase, I dont think these questions are hard to understand. MVP huh, where did you get that qualification- from a crackerjack box? Typical Micro$oft. And yes, inapropriate, but all true.

Last edited by MicrosoftSucks : January 11th 09 at 10:11 PM.
Old June 12th 16, 10:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
[email protected]

On Wednesday, December 5, 2007 at 3:01:02 PM UTC-8, Ilene M wrote:
hello-
I am trying to find out how to enable "Preview or scan images as separate
files" for a new or existing scan profile.
It is currently greyed out and reguardless of the options I choose, I cannot
make that box available to check.

Goal: scan several documents so that each document is scanned in as an
individual pdf file.
OS: Windows Vista Business edition
Scanner: HP Officejet 6310 all-in-one with the latest drivers.
Thanks!
--
Ilene M