Old February 11th 10, 12:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
FromTheRafters[_3_]

Default Kasperky

The overlaps are because the AV program is included in the IS suite.

"Connie" wrote in message
Is AVG anti virus just as good as Kasperkey? I used AVG for years and
was told it was not sufficient. Even reading the product descriptions
on Kasperkey IS vs anti virus is confusing to me because there are
lots of overlaps.

"peter" wrote in message
here is the website to compare
http://usa.kaspersky.com/products_services/compare/

and they are both excellent products.

If you just need an antivirus there are a lot of good products free
Avast,Bitdefender, AVG, and even MS' own Security Essentials.

For a Free Fire wall Commodo
for FreeAntispy/malware Spybot or SpywareBlaster Malewarebytes
Anti-Malware

A google search will turn up the download sites

any of those would serve you well if you keep them updated.

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"Connie" wrote in message
I currently have Kasperkey Internet Security for 3 users. It is
about to expire. I'm wondering if I should purchase the 2010 version
of it I should buy the Kasperkey Anti-virus instead. What is the
difference and which one is better?