Old February 22nd 10, 07:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Niffen

Default Cannot Delete file in Vista

I may have found 1 solution for this.

It turns out since i formatted my computer the other night, that
Windows Media player keeps anything that i've opened in it. So when i
open a video file it stays open even after closing Windows media player.
I have to actually go into it, go to play list and remove it in play
list.

Once i've done that, The files will move, delete fine.

Please check Windows Media player first and then see if that resolves
the problem.

(signed up just so people don't go through the same hell i went
through)

--
Niffen