IGFX

Old December 29th 07, 10:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ken

Default IGFX

"Ken" wrote:

I am using the Ver. 7.14.10.1322 8/24/07. This is the one which was on the
PC when bought and is the one which is installed by the factory recovery
disks which were sent to me. I am waiting to hear from HP NZ early in new
year and will be very interested in what they have to say about this ongoing
problem. It is really frustrating. Now my LCD monitor is dying on me.
Confirmed by using a substitute. After an hour or so turned off, the LCD
monitor is OK again. Email reply from monitor manufacturer says that the monitor problem could be caused by the graphics problem.

"Grizz" wrote:

I have a Compaq Presario (SR5210NX) running Vista Home Premium on an Intel
420 1.60Gb Celeron chip 0.99Gb RAM using the Intel 82945 G Graphics card..the
computer is NOW 1 month old..but from day one I was having the SAME igfx
issue..I went to the HP website and downloaded the updated "extreme" graphics
driver":
Intel Corp.
Driver Date: 8/24/07
Driver Version: 7.14.10.1322

Since then I am only experiencing the graphics driver cutting about about
TWICE a day as compared to about TEN or more times a day with the original
driver: Version 7.14.10.1277 (Oct. 2007) lol yes..I would prefer it NOT to
cut out at ALL but it may be awhile before its all sorted out.

Hope this info might help.

"Ken" wrote:

I had the problem when I had 1GB RAM fitted. The second 512GB RAM card was
removed when the new mother board was fitted. This was done to see if the
additional RAM card was causing the problem.

"Pestalence" wrote:

"Ken" wrote in message
I have a new HP Pavilion PC with Vista Home Basic and Intel 82945G
graphics,
512MB RAM and keep getting the momentary blank screen and "Display Driver
igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered message". I have
done full System Recovery from disks made on day one, again from the image
on
the hard drive and again from a set of recovery disks sent to me by HP
Support. The mother board has been changed, I have uninstalled and
installed
drivers from HP and from Intel. The Intel drivers produce a "Not
validated
for this computer" message and the driver from the HP site is the same as
the
one which comes from the recovery disks. I have been in regular contact
with
HP Support and their local service technician. After all this the
original
error is still there at times and I am rapidly losing patience after
nearly
two months.

"Betty" wrote:
You need more RAM .. 512 is barely enough to run Vista.. you need at least 1
GB, 2 preferrably..

RAM is cheap.. you can get 4 GB at TigerDirect.com for $129.99 DDR2 PC-6400
Dual Channel (4x1024 MB dimms) 240 pin

I just bought some from them.. took 4 business days to get here by UPS.

Your graphics card may be built in.. if it is, it will require between 128
to 256 shared memory.. which means the graphics card will try to allocate
memory grom your system.. if it is in use.. then the display adapter will
fail..

Also make sure that your Drivers are updated from either Windows Update or
from your card manufacturer and that the drivers are Vista compliant

experience level-2 w/10 being
COMPUTER IS ONLY 3 WEEKS OLD! Compaq Presario Windows Vista Premium
I have never used Vista before. I don't seem to be having a problem using
it. Or not lol
While I am working the screen will go black for a few seconds. The
notice:
display driver has stopped responding and has recovered IGFX. I get this
message 3-4 times a day.
I don't have a clue what to do about this and an answer would have to be
in
very simple language. Sorry. I did try to reinstall the display driver
but
the computer says I have the correct one and a new download is not
necessary?
Also, I don't know if this is connected to the problem or not, but when I
walk
away from the computer and come back and it has been in a resting mode,
my
keyboard will go out and I can't use it at all. This happens almost every
day.
I have to reboot for the board to be used again.
Thanks for any and all help....I never expected this on a new computer!!
Betty

Old December 30th 07, 06:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Grizz

Sorry Ken, This was the latest info I had on this driver that worked
(somewhat) for me on this issue. This driver had NO negative effect on my
monitor (Compaq 7600e CRT Flatscreen) I feel your pain & frustration..this
happened to me with a brand new right out of the box machine. Man OH man !! I
did do a little resarch on Google on this (igfx) issue right after my last
post and found a link in the World of Warcraft Forum that claims to have
fixed the issue. (these guys play video games and were getting this igfx
issue about every 15 SECONDS!!) I haven't downloaded this driver,so I don't
know if works or not; but here's the link:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/conf...rsion&lang=eng

Best regards..and Good luck.
"Grizz"

Old December 31st 07, 05:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ken

Thanks for that Grizz. I have in fact tried that Intel driver PV15.6 and
PV15.7 but both bring up an error message "The driver being installed is not
validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver". I
purchased the PC on 30th Oct this year so am following the Under Warranty
route. May the New Year bring a solution to our problems.

Old December 31st 07, 07:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Grizz

Your're very welcome Ken. I think that we're pretty much at the end of
anything that WE can do to try and resolve this issue..having tried just
about everything we could known to man..all to no avail. I really can, and
do, appreciate just HOW frustrating this is especially with a BRAND NEW
machine. There is just NO way that a consumer should have to put up with this
!! Yes, I think the Under Warrany route would be the best way to go. Please
let us know if this issue was resolved to your satisfaction..and especially
if it HASN'T been..we would like to know that too.

Good luck to you in your quest.

Old January 22nd 08, 07:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

"Betty" wrote:
[...]
Thanks for any and all help....I never expected this on a new computer!! Betty- Hide quoted text -

I had the same 'Not validated for this computer' message when I treid
to install their most recent driver(released this month) , here's what
I did to get around it, you might want to give it a try, worked like a
charm for me, although I think the actual error might be caused by
Windows frame transpareny, if you know how to turn that off, give that
a try first, if you don't, here's what you need to do it update the
driver (keep in mind I'm running 32 bit and a 82945G chipset, so the
file name for yours may vary, for mine, it was winvista_1573)

extracted winvista_1573.exe, then copied the folder it created, called
'pft878A~tmp' from my temp folder out to my desktop (it's not
necessary to copy it out if you don't want to, just makes it a little
easier to browse to it later)

It will help if you dump your temp folder first, that way you know
what folder to grab, drop it on your desktop, and I recommend stashing
it somewhere afterwards in case you ever need to do this all over
again i.e reformat

update the driver through device manager using the 'browse my
computer' option, then selected 'let me pick from a list' open and
browse to the graphics folder inside the folder you copied from the
temp folder and select the igdlh.inf file, then select open

let the install run, reboot when prompted

after I logged back in, I got the following message

'Windows frame transparency has been turned off' (which is what made
me wonder if that was the culprit all along)

I was then able to double click on the winvista_1573.exe file again
and run successfully this time (just to be sure)

rebooted when prompted

hasn't given me the stopped responding error since

Good Luck
Old February 7th 08, 11:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ken[_10_]

"Grizz" wrote:

Sorry Ken, This was the latest info I had on this driver that worked
(somewhat) for me on this issue. This driver had NO negative effect on my
monitor (Compaq 7600e CRT Flatscreen) I feel your pain & frustration..this
happened to me with a brand new right out of the box machine. Man OH man !! I
did do a little resarch on Google on this (igfx) issue right after my last
post and found a link in the World of Warcraft Forum that claims to have
fixed the issue. (these guys play video games and were getting this igfx
issue about every 15 SECONDS!!) I haven't downloaded this driver,so I don't
know if works or not; but here's the link:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/conf...ttp://download....

Best regards..and Good luck.
"Grizz"

"Betty" wrote:
[...]

Although I suspected that RAM was a contributing factor, HP refused to
accept this and claimed that the problem was software and not covered
by their warranty. This upset me because after changing mother board
and reloading the operating system and having only the original 512MB
RAM fitted, no external hardware, the PC was actually in "as
purchased" condition and faulting. I removed the original RAM card
and fitted a pair of matching Dick Smith 512MB RAM cards. The PC ran
a lot faster and the driver error only came up twice in three days.
At this time Intel came up with the Ver 15.7.3 (7.14.10.1409) which
had brought up a not validated for this computer message previously.
I uninstalled the original driver and installed this one with no
problems. Two weeks have now passed without a single error.
Old February 10th 08, 04:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
beardsmen

the answer finally came on the HP site on 1/8/08. just figure out your model
number such as SR5310F and go to the site and type in the model number and
igfx and you can download the fix.

the idiot who told you to take it back should have waited for the fix. but
then hp isn't any better. they try to say that what happens if you are
playing 5 million games at once when you know you are just sitting there on a
web site and you click and BAM

They try to be political and say nothing's wrong and then try to go to the
back room and fix it.

Old February 10th 08, 04:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
beardsmen

find out the model number of the computer. may be in front of the harddrive.
go to the hp site. www.hp.com

type in the model number and igfx

download

you are fixed.

don't take it back. the idiot that told you that did not know what he was
talking about. if he did not know, then he should let the computer
manufacturer's figure it out.

hp would deny there is a problem and then after you hang up they will
quietly go in the back room and try to fix it