still problems with printing in ie7

Old December 8th 07, 11:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
PA Bear

Default still problems with printing in ie7

Crossposted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan newsgroup.

Did you install any of the Yahoo-branded crap? Did you install McAfee
Security Center?

If you make IE the default at Set Program Access and Defaults, does the
setting "stick" when you reboot?
--
~PA Bear

tif wrote:
I have Windows Vista Home Premium. The printing problem is that it prints
out the html code instead of the stuff that I need. I did the installation
manually, not with the cd, so I don't think there is any extra stuff that
needs deleted. We had both Verizon and AOL installed until yesterday when
uninstalled the AOL stuff so I think the problem came from that not
Verizon.

"PA Bear" wrote:

What printing problems? Windows version? Does uninstalling all software
you installed from the Verizon CD (none of which you need now) resolve
the
problem?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

tif wrote:
Hello, I have read a lot of other posts on this and tried going in to
make
ie my default browser but that still did not help. Any other
suggestions?
never had this problem until I unistalled the aol software on my
computer
(we recently switched from aol dial up to verizon dsl and I figured I
didn't need it anymore). Do you think that's what messed it up? I am
ready
to pull my hair out and would appreciate any help! Thanks!

Old December 9th 07, 12:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
tif

No, I don't think I have installed any Yahoo anything, oh wait I do have a
Yahoo toolbar installed because of my email...No MacAfee, we have Norton. I
will have to check and see if it sticks when I reboot. I will post back in a
few after I check.

Old December 9th 07, 06:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
PA Bear

Uninstall Yahoo Companion (toolbar) and anything else named "Yahoo" via
Add/Remove Programs, then reboot & test. If still no joy:

1. After making certain you have a copy of your Product Key, uninstall all
Norton software via Add/Remove Programs.

2. Enable the Windows Firewall.

3. Run this removal tool:

4. Reboot, and *immediately* install the 30-day free trial version of NOD32*
or KAV7**

5. Manually update your new anti-virus application then run a full system
scan.

Do your problems persist now?

[Don't forget to subscribe to your new AV app or uninstall it then reinstall
the Norton application before the free-trial period expires! Should you
decide to reinstall the Norton application, I recommend not installing any
Norton Add-ons for a while.]

* www.eset.com/download/index.php
** http://usa.kaspersky.com/trials/home.../anti-virus-7/
--

tif wrote:
I have Windows Vista Home Premium. The printing problem is that it
prints
out the html code instead of the stuff that I need. I did the
installation manually, not with the cd, so I don't think there is any
extra stuff that needs deleted. We had both Verizon and AOL installed
until yesterday when I

Old December 10th 07, 12:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
tif

I uninstalled the yahoo toolbar and rebooted and it still wouldn't work. I am
very nervous about taking out norton and then having to reinstall it. I am a
very inexperienced computer user and I am afraid I will mess it up. Is there
anything else I could try? I'm about to give up and use Firefox instead. I
don't understand why this happened. Everything worked fine up until I removed
all the AOL stuff on the computer...

Old December 10th 07, 12:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
PA Bear

= Does this behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE7 in No Add-ons mode:

1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons;

2. Start (All) Programs Accessories System Tools Internet Explorer
(No add-ons).

= Does the problem persist if you Reset IE7 Settings (RIES)?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 = Read before using!

Other than above, I'm out of ideas. Maybe someone in the Vista
Print_Fax_Scan newsgroup will have some ideas for you, tif. From what I've
seen, no Norton application works well in Vista yet.
--
~PA Bear

Old December 10th 07, 04:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
tif

Thank you so much for your help PA Bear! I truly appreciate it! Last night my
brother in law was helping me and after several unsuccessful tries this is
what finally made it work: Tools-Internet Options-General-Accessibility- and
then we check marked the boxes that said--ignore font styles specified on
webpages, ignore font sizes specified on webpages. And voila, now it
works!!(well at least it worked last night, who knows about today!)

Oh, yeah, I have found that nothing works well with Vista, lol

Old December 10th 07, 11:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
PA Bear

YW & thanks for your feedback on this. That's an interesting workaround but
IMHO having those options unchecked was not the cause of the problem.
--
~PA Bear