Old March 17th 10, 10:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
jsill

Default Movie Maker Hangs on publishing .wmv

I had this problem, too, but I think I found a workaround. I'm still not
sure why it hangs, but I found some stuff online that suggested this may
happen if some of the clips lack some sort of "timestamp". I guessed
that if I trimmed each clip at the beginning within MoveMaker then this
might apply the timestamp. Sure enough, once each clip in my movie had
been trimmed with the "trim beginning" option, the hanging went away and
my movie published OK. It's annoying to trim every clip even if you
don't want to, but hopefully, just trimming a tiny split second should
do the trick.

This is a total hack and I'm not sure it will work for others, but it
worked for me.

--
jsill