Old March 21st 10, 10:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
geekchild

Default The Bard's Tale - the game

A quick fix for any one running windows 7 (if you don't you should get
it)

Step 1. Insert disk and open My Computer.

Step 2. Right click your DVD drive icon and select open.

Step 3. Locate the setup icon (near the bottom) and right click.

Step 4. Select Troubleshoot compatibility (a window will appear showing
a loading bar ‘Detecting Issues’ allow the window time to finish
detecting the window.

Step 5. From the options listed select 'Try recommended settings'.

Step 6. Click ‘Start the Program’ a notification might appear on the
taskbar, accept the pop-up.

Step 7. Follow the onscreen instructions to install ‘The Bard’s Tale’

The game should now run as normal (it did for me)
:geek::geek:

--
geekchild