Old March 21st 10, 03:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
PvdG42

Default Vista freezes when copying files to external hdd

"Cammo7447" wrote in message

Hi all,

recently I have been trying to back up all my movies pics etc to a
Lacie 1tb external hdd. We have had it for a while, it worked fine for
a month, then we started experiencing difficulties with it and it
remained in the too hard basket until now.

Basically, I am running vista home premium
premium on a Dell inspiron 6400 with 2gig ram (bought separately to
improve performance). When when copying files to the hdd windows simply
freezes. Anyone know of a fix for this? It's driving me nuts!

--
Cammo7447

What happens if you try to copy the same size/number files to the external
drive from a different PC/OS? That test would exonerate or convict the drive
itself.