Blue screen NV error dump Installing RC1

Old October 5th 06, 12:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Guest

Default Blue screen NV error dump Installing RC1

Ok this is a problem I had installing RC1 5728 3/4 finish install I would get
a crash and could not get past a crash screen intill I booted in safe mode
but the windows needs to be in reg mode to install.
The problem was that my 7950gx SLI video card is not compatible. I haad to
install my old 7300 video card do the install. No problem for the install
after that.
Mow you have it installed and still want to use the new 7950 card you have
to install the new drivers from nvidia then restart computer once. Shut down
and install the 7950 card and boot into safe mode /w networking go into the
device manager disable one of the GPUs on the card and reboot.
That will get you up but the performance will not be there intill MS fixes
the 7950 SLI problem. In the 5700 build I did this and after a few days the
card kicked in by itself and got a performance rating of 1. I hope it does it
again. But I still look for the updates for the problem.

Old October 5th 06, 06:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Peca55

"ALEGACYMAN" wrote:

That will get you up but the performance will not be there intill MS fixes
the 7950 SLI problem.

There is known problems with nVidia drivers. Microsoft has nothing to do
with that third party problem. Accuse nVidia and get updated driver for your
card.
Old October 6th 06, 03:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Brad0407

I had the exact same symptoms. Put my old graphics card in. Installation
ran perfect. Thanks for the solution.