Old May 2nd 10, 07:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Brink

Default Windows Defender

Microsoft Security Essentials is the replacement (correction) for
Windows Defender in Vista and Windows 7 to be used instead from
Microsoft.

As far as a benefit, it's just another layer of security to help protect
you. Since not all scanners detect everything, it's usually best to have
a few layers to help detect something one of the others may not.

It's up to you, but you might give it a try to see how you like it. You
can always just uninstall later if you should decide to.

GrtArtiste;1260618 Wrote:
On May 2, 11:39*am, Brink wrote:
Hello GrtArtiste,

You might consider using "Microsoft Security Essentials" instead. It
will turn off and replace Windows Defender automatically during it's
installation. It provides much better virus, malware, and spyware
protection.

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Hope this helps,
Shawn

I appreciate the reply, but unless there is some significant benefit
to using Microsoft Security Essentials over what I already have
(Avira-
MBAM-SAS), I guess I'll stick with what is working now until it
doesn't. I was just hoping that WD could somehow be corrected...but I
guess not.

GrtArtiste

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience 2009 - 2010*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*Windows 8 Forums*' (http://www.eightforums.com/) - '*Windows 7
Forums*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) - '*Windows Vista Forums*'