Old May 3rd 10, 12:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.devices.pnpx,microsoft.public.windows.devices.wsdapi,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
!kalboBill

Default Missing Autoplay with CD's and DVD's

I posted this 2 weeks ago and still have no solution. I'm running Vista Home
Premium with latest updates installed.

"!kalboBill" wrote in message

This used to work fine but now does not.

When I insert a CD or DVD, no dialog pops up. If I try to read the CD,
everthing is fine. If I right click on it, I can run autoplay and everthing
is fine.

If I put a black CDR or DVD, I get no Autoplay and if I try to access the
blank disk, tells me it has to be formatted first. Right clicking shows no
format choice. If I choose Autoplay, nothing happens.

How do I get the Automatic dialog back?

Bill