Old May 7th 10, 11:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Chuck[_2_]

Default Product Key on bottom of Laptop faded ! help

Obviously you need the correct key for your Vista Ultimate.
This is very unlikely to be the faded key label that was placed on the
bottom of the laptop by the mfr, since the laptop was sold with XP
installed. To activate, you need the correct key, not the XP key.

On 4/29/2010 7:55 AM, Father2010 wrote:
i have the same problem except i did not reinstall anything. i never put
the product key in and now that i need it, i cant read it. i dont know
what OEM is and i dont know what to do. help?

windows vista Tm activation key

The laptop was xp and we changed it to vista ultimate we've used it for
some time and now need activation. help