Old May 22nd 10, 07:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

Default Wmp/wmc

How are you downloading them?

If you're downloading it via iTunes, what file format is it? It may not
be directly supported by Windows Media Player in Windows Vista. Windows
7 expands the supported file types, but does not play protected MPEG4
audio files if that's what you're trying to do.

--
Speaking for myself only.

On 5/8/2010 1:01 PM, harbornexxp wrote:
Hi I'm new to this site and hope somebody can help me. I'd just like to
know why Media Player and Media Centre do not appear to talk to each
other, as WMC will not display music I have downloaded from CDs. Also,
do I have to use itunes to download music? I've downloaded one track
and clicked on it to play; WMC opened but no sign of the music I wanted
to play! I'm totally confused with this Vista thing and am due throwing
a wobbly!

Thanks.

harbornexxp