Old May 27th 10, 02:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Chuck[_2_]

Default will direct X work in vista?

On 5/25/2010 10:14 AM, Mark wrote:
See if DirectX is already installed.Go to start button.Go to Run.Type in
dxdiag.Hit OK.DirectX 11
comes installed in Vista.Should tell you which version you have and how
much
video memory.......

"lowflyer" wrote in
message ...

Hello. My wife found a game at a garage sale. The game is called typing
instructor for kids. This game says it requires direct x 8 for typing
games. I am having trouble installing direct x and not even sure if it
will work. This Machine is running vista home premium and any direction
would be greatly appreciated.

--
lowflyer

There is an MS DX 9c update that is used for both visa and win7 which
may be of some help. Occasionally, a game is coded such that it thinks
it must have an exact older DX version, with no ability to accept newer
versions, even though the newer version might work properly with the game.
Vista and Win7 have DX already installed to at least the DX 10 level.
The 9c update adds some older files that were not included in the DX
version that came with Vista and Win7.