Old July 27th 10, 02:59 PM
OllyC OllyC is offline
Junior Member

Default No Audio Output Device Installed - Help required

Hi all,

I am experiencing the above error. Apologies for the following dry report, but if I'm sure you will ask if I dont! Thanks in advance for any responses.

I have a Tosh U305-S5077 running Vista with all current updates and am receiving the above 'error' - i.e. no sound. It is shown on the speaker on the lower toolbar with a red X on the speaker.

The error has been sporadic and has been solved in the past by rebooting, but now appears to be permanent.

The sound box (StartControl PanelHarware and SoundSound says "no audio devices are installed" for playback and record. I therefore cannot update the drivers from here as they are not listed.

I have updated the drivers from both Toshiba and Realtek and rebooted but to no avail.

I have followed all the advice which appears sensible on the internet. Any ideas would be greatly received as Im out of them!

Thanks and regards,

Olly