Vista Banter

-   Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/printing-faxing-scanning-vista/)
-   -   HP 1100 - parallel to USB converter - unable to print (http://www.vistabanter.com/91534-hp-1100-parallel-usb-converter-unable-print.html)

DMU December 13th 07 11:59 AM

HP 1100 - parallel to USB converter - unable to print

I bought a USB parallel converter so I can use my old (but good) laser
printer with my new computer.

I am unable to print. I went to the HP website and they said that the VISTA
has the driver built in for this particular printer.

Alan Morris [MSFT] December 13th 07 04:17 PM

HP 1100 - parallel to USB converter - unable to print

If Bidirectional is enabled on the Ports tab, disable it.

What is the chipset or manufacture of the USB cable. I have never tried the
laser 1100 but the problem is normally how the cable converts to centronics
36 pin. I have had good luck with the Belkin converter model F5U002 when
others did not work for some models. Contact HP and verify this device can
support the cable you have.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

DMU December 13th 07 05:34 PM

HP 1100 - parallel to USB converter - unable to print

Thank you for the response, when I get home, I check the ports tab.

The cable I have is the USB to DB25 - I purchased it from an EBAY seller
based on Hong Kong,.

Initially, when I contacted HP customer service to find out the best item to
purchase, they simply responded that they no longer provided support for the
HP 1100.