Old October 21st 09, 02:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
R. C. White

Default Access Folder Denied

Hi, suhjonathan.

I tried it and it didn't work.

"I tried it" tells us nothing! "Didn't work" tell us nothing!

Please tell us, step by step, exactly what you did. And tell us what
results you saw. If there are any error messages, please post them here -
verbatim - do not paraphrase. Language that looks like gibberish to you
will probably be highly informative to those who can help you.

When you tell us the steps you took, we have a chance to see where you may
have stepped off the path. "Tried it" gives us no such opportunity.
"Didn't work" does not tell us HOW it failed.

In your first post, you said:
I downloaded Free Video Joiner and then didn’t like it so I uninstalled

it. After I uninstalled it, a window came up saying something like
“Windows did not delete all the files. You can delete them manually.”

You did not tell us HOW you "uninstalled" it. Did you use Vista's Programs
and Features? Or some other method? Does that Joiner program have its own
proprietary uninstaller? Did you use that? (And have you scanned your
system for malware since installing that program?)

There are ways to use the Command Prompt to remove stubborn files, but
there's no use going into that detail until we know more about what exactly
what you did and exactly what results you saw.

If you respond again with simply "tried it; didn't work", I will not try
again to help you. :(

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

"suhjonathan" wrote in message

Go to Accessories in the Start Menu and right-click on Windows
Explorer.
Choose "Run as Administrator". Then try and remove the folder.

That's what you, Gordon, told me to do. I tried it and it didn't work.

--
suhjonathan
suhjonathan's Profile:

http://forums.techarena.in