Old November 14th 09, 02:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Justin[_5_]

Default Still Can't Delete a file

Bob wrote:
FileMenu Tools includes a shredder utility.

http://www.lopesoft.com/en/index.html

"Justin" wrote in message
Windows Vista Ultimate 64.
I right click and hit delete on a file and I get
Item not found
This is no longer located in C:\Users\Justin\Downloads verify the
items location and try again.
The file is a MS Word docx, downloaded from my college's Blackboard
system.
I booted into safe mode (under the admin account) and ended up with
the same message.
I was told this could possible be an issue with Temporary Internet
files and IE - I use Firefox. Nonetheless, I cleared out the TIF on
both browsers and the file is still there.

Tried it - didn't work.
The problem turned out to be an issue with spaces at the end of a
filename. Windows can't find the file for whatever reason.
I solved it be "del *torrent* and that was it.