Old December 4th 09, 04:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
R. C. White

Default Can I disable "Grouping" in Vista's Windows explorer??

Hi, ArnsteinB.

In Win7's Windows Explorer, click View. On the context menu, click Group
by... Click any of the 4 options (Name, Size, etc.). If there is a big dot
(or "Bullet") in front of one of these 4, then there should also be a 5th
option, (None). Click that and see what happens. (I've forgotten how this
worked in Vista.)

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

"ArnsteinB" wrote in message

I sure hope Microsoft has done something about this in Windows 7? (I'm
planning to switch soon, from Vista 64)

I agree 100% with Bryan (and cgipro), and I share all his anger and
frustrations.
I'm sure MS introduced this feature to help us, but they forgot to give
us the opportunity disable it, for ever...

I've been a computernerd since 1983, and this feature is probably the
most annoing MS ever has introduced (as long is can't be disabled for
good)

As Bryan, I'm very structured and find files much faster in detailed
view.

As I said, I don't question MS good intensions (in this matter...), but
they should always give us experienced users the opportunity to disable
some of the new features they introduce in a new OS.

--
ArnsteinB