Old February 14th 10, 05:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Peter Foldes

Default Outlook Contacts Only Not Showing up in Search

Shannon

What are you posting and asking from a 3 year old post. Besides your post does not
make any sense as to what you are trying to achieve

--
Peter

Shannon Murphy wrote in message ...
The convo here got branched off before this branch cam eto an end. My situation is
that the indexing is selected to do Outlook files and contacts I search for are
not found. It seems that everything else (including email text) IS available,
however. (I do not have a company-wide Global Address Book.)

Thanks,
Shannon

Dave Wood [MS] wrote:

I don't recommend doing what is suggested below - it won't make any difference
14-Aug-07

I don't recommend doing what is suggested below - it won't make any
difference as Outlook is searched through the MAPI mail interfaces not
through the file system. Is e-mail in Outlook searchable, but just contacts
don't work, or is neither searchable? If you open the Indexing Options
Control Panel and click Modify, do you see Microsoft Office Outlook and if
you expand that node do you see your mail stores listed?

Vista search {32- or 64-bit} should search Outlook contacts. But note if you
have a company-wide Global Address Book that won't be searched.

"brink" wrote in message

On Monday, August 13, 2007 5:44 PM
chunne wrote:

Vista 64 Search is not seeing any of my Outlook 2003 contacts.
I just installed Vista 64. Search is working fine and pulls up tif's and
doc's etc... However, it is no longer finding contacts from Outlook 2003.
Is there some setttings that I need to change? I have already had the index
start over from scratch and that didn't solve the problem. Will the 64 bit
system just not find 32 bit Outlook files?

On Tuesday, August 14, 2007 4:41 AM
brink wrote:

Vista 64 Search is not seeing any of my Outlook 2003 contacts.
chunnel;419686 Wrote:

Hi Chunnel,

You might try adding or including the file type and folders for Outlook
to what will be Indexed. You can look at this link for how to do it.
It may do the trick for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/69...g-options.html

Shawn

--