Old February 17th 10, 10:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
BudV[_4_]

Default how does copy files from a flash drive?

Regarding "Select 'copy' (rather than move)": Although this precaution may
make you more comfortable (and it won't hurt), it's not necessary. To the
best of my knowledge, Windows will never delete the source when you're
moving from one device to a different device.

"Michael Walraven" wrote in message
Insert flash drive into computer.
open folder that has the files you want to transfer.
Right click and drag the file from the folder to the icon of the flash
drive. Select 'copy' (rather than move).

What part is not working for you?

Michael

"kirkwebsites" wrote in
message ...

kirkwebsites;1645785 Wrote:
I have a desktop w/2000 and write HTML into Notepad to create web
pages.
I frequently load them into folders and copy (send to) them onto
floppy's or zip drive and would like to load them onto a flash drive
instead and transfer the flash drive to my laptop w/Vista premium. I
bought the book "Vista for dummies" and have read it over and over but I
haven't a clue how to copy the files over. Why have they made this so
hard to understand? I guess I need the "Vista for the dumbest". Please,
someone answer this.

Thanks a bunch

--
kirkwebsites