Old February 22nd 10, 03:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Bob

Default Cannot Delete file in Vista

Use the Shred Files option of FileMenu Tools.
http://www.lopesoft.com/en/index.html

"mohauk" wrote in message

I have very similar problem.

avi file on an external HD. When I try to delete it - I'm getting
message "recycling one item (187 MB). Calculating time...Speed 0
bytes/sec". When I use right click - nothing is happening.

The file itself is playable only with sound. I managed to open it in
video editing software - and it was re-coded and saved as a new copy in
a way that now it is playable.

But nevetheless I cannot delete the "original" file. Takeover command
did not work. I check my registries ("automatically") - it seems to be
OK.

But how to delete that bloody file? ....no clue...

--
mohauk