CD/DVD RW error code 39

Old December 13th 07, 08:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
davdun75

Default CD/DVD RW error code 39

Vista no longer recognizes CD/DVD RW drive; is listed in Hardware and in
BIOS but driver corrupt or missing. Have run Repair on Vista, Sys Restore,
retried driver installation, removed recent software... still get error Code
39. Microsoft has no solution, by default error reporting and search for
solution.
Old December 13th 07, 09:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Try this:

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old December 20th 07, 12:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
hammertime

hi davdun75
just want to let you know that, I had the same problem happen to me also...I
have Windows Vista Premium...and for some reason lost my E Drive. Device
Manager yellow flagged it...and couldnt figure it out. I followed Cal Bear
'66 link
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929461 and it worked. DO
EXACTLY WHAT IS SAID....and make sure to check you have the right key
number...and delete lower and higher filters...then reboot. Works Great...and
have my e drive back.
HOPE THIS IS HELP FULL
HammerTime

Old December 31st 07, 11:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Michele

My problem is also a code 39 but with a twist. At end of Oct., I tried to
install a digital camera and I believe that is when my drive stopped working.
However, I originally went into device manager and under dvd/cd-rom drives
listed:HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GSA-HIIN ATA device. I felt this might be my problem
and I deleted it. Now I'm left with local drive c: only. I cannot run any
discs of any sort and decided to troubleshoot the code 39. I went into the
registry editor and deleted the upper and lower filters with no solution. I
then attempted to restore my system but my computer does not recognize my
drive. I think I may of haphazardly erased my cd/dvd rw drive. HELP! Is
there anything I can do now?
--
shellycat

Old December 25th 08, 11:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Lilly

I'm the same, I installed my digital camera and that's when my DVD drive
somehow disappeared...

I can't locate the upper and lower filters....
I have the right folder and everything but there are no filters...