Old April 13th 10, 02:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Teddy C

Default Files cannnot be found "check hardware configuration"

I saved files from my C (Vista Business) and D (data) drives to an external
G drive. Due to a problem with my Operating System I was forced to do an
clean install which I did from Dell Factory partition. When I tried to
restore data files from C or Drive specficially .pst and sql databases from
Outlook and Business Contact Manager I could see the files using "restore
from another computer" Advanced restore. But after selecting files I got
backup files could not be found. 0x8100001A. I was referred to Microsoft
knowledge base article re "mediaid.bin" file. I found the file on G drive
but could not initiate restore without creating "one" backup. This
apparently changed my "mediaid.bin" file and I got same cannot find backup
file message. How do recover my data. I can seel the files, there's data
in them. They're compressed. I don't know how to reference or rebuild
"mediaid.bin" file. When I did clean install the External was mapped to F,
I change drive letter to G so same location would exist as when saved???
There's got to be an easier way. Next time I backup OP data files in the
cloud.