Old May 23rd 10, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Guest

Default Problems with Vista backup program

"David_2010" wrote in
message news

Hello Robert,

If you are using a compatible version of Windows Vista, 'Windows Vista:
Compare editions' (http://tinyurl.com/5jthjh) and if you have the latest
Norton Internet Security 2010, (17.6.0.32), there should not be any
problem.

I'm using Windows Home Premium SP2, with almost all the updates already
applied (Windows Live on only one 64-bit machine; still using mostly
Windows Mail on all three machines; one more 64-bit and one 32-bit). That
web page isn't very clear about whether these versions qualify as
compatible.

The Norton Internet Security 2010 version is 17.6.0.32.

A suggestion would be to check clearing the Windows Logs.
The maximum log size under Windows Vista is 20Mb, if this limit is
reached, it is better to proceed with a "cleaning" log process.
Then reboot the machine and try.

How do I find the Windows Logs and the program which can clear
them?

Regarding the Windows Vista backup features, I hope this link might
help you: 'Windows Vista: A Guide to Windows Vista Backup Technologies'
(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/m...09.backup.aspx)

I hope this can help.

When I start the backup program, it never shows me the parts about
the Windows Complete PC Backup and Restore Image or the part
about Advanced Restore, even after it says its list of previous backup
is corrupted and it says It need to do a backup of all the data files.

How can I tell how many DVDs would be needed for such a
complete backup, or do I need to buy an external disk drive to
have a reasonable place to store them?

--
David_2010

David