Old May 25th 10, 02:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Guest

Default Problems with Vista backup program

wrote in message
wrote in message
"David_2010" wrote in
message news

[snip]

I'm running the Windows Live OneCare safety scanner on the same 64-bit
machine as the task that's now reached 262 hours, with no usable
checkpoints since 70 hours. When it finally finishes, I'll be able to
apply
the recent updates on that machine and reboot it.It's shown 0% progress
since yesterday, still scanning mostly *.new files and the property files
associated with them.

Robert Miles

After running 24 hours a day for a few days, the Windows Live OneCare
safety scanner on the same 64-bit machine as the long-running task has
reached 1% of the files scan. Shouldn't it be relabelled as possibly taking
a few months to complete?

The long-running task has now taken 285 hours; I've seen reports that
for similar tasks other people ran, it often took over 300 CPU hours.

Robert Miles