Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Error message on start up

Old July 31st 08, 05:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Paul Montgomery

Default Error message on start up

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:36:44 -0500, anilyarki
wrote:

hi guys.. m from dell tech support....

That's believable since the originating IP of your post shows Bangalore,
India.

this is a known issue with dell
support and we are workin on a patch for this

I sure am glad you aren't the same people working on Vista security
patches.

This thread covers Dec 2007 thru last April (the last post before your
reply).
Old August 3rd 08, 01:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Lesliemcl

I also get this error message. When you get the patch, how will we get
it? Will it be in a windows update? Thanks.

--
Lesliemcl
Old August 9th 08, 09:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
uriah358

Hi, If you are referring to the Failed on Loading skin name
"minibcont"....
The fix is to delete your Dell Support Center. It is a Dell problem
and they are trying to get a fix for it. Maybe one day I will reload
it. But, in any case, as soon as I deleted the program.....the problem
was solved. No more error message at boot-up.
Dave

--
uriah358
Old September 7th 08, 03:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Gwilym Colenso

anilyarki;791798 Wrote:
hi guys.. m from dell tech support.... this is a known issue with dell
support and we are workin on a patch for this

Hi, I have just bought a new Dell Inspiron PC and dell support
(software dept) supposedly fixed the following problem a day ago:

file "shell.css" is needed in your "sscommon/skins/minibcont/css"
directory

However, the problem is still happening. I have paid £59 for Dell to
fix this, but they obviously haven't. What should I do next?

Gwil

--
Gwilym Colenso
Old September 7th 08, 03:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Gwilym Colenso

anilyarki;791798 Wrote:
hi guys.. m from dell tech support.... this is a known issue with dell
support and we are workin on a patch for this

I just unistalled my dell support center. It's interesting to note
that when I tried to open the dell support center icon (pic of a
spanner) the same error message appeared as the one we all experiencing:

file "shell.css" is needed in your "sscommon/skins/minibcont/css"
directory

After unistalling the dell support center, the above message has not
appeared. But, I have only turned my computer on twice since then.

I am apprehensive about reinstalling dell support center, as I feel
that the error message, or another one similar will appear.

Gwil

--
Gwilym Colenso
Old October 17th 08, 07:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Ross.uk

anilyarki;791798 Wrote:
hi guys.. m from dell tech support.... this is a known issue with dell
support and we are workin on a patch for this

where's this patch, I have this problem since my computer try'd to
update something???

--
Ross.uk
Old July 16th 09, 06:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
anilyarki

Gwilym Colenso;830419 Wrote:
anilyarki;791798 Wrote:
hi guys.. m from dell tech support.... this is a known issue with dell
support and we are workin on a patch for this

Hi, I have just bought a new Dell Inspiron PC and dell support
(software dept) supposedly fixed the following problem a day ago:

file "shell.css" is needed in your "sscommon/skins/minibcont/css"
directory

However, the problem is still happening. I have paid £59 for Dell to
fix this, but they obviously haven't. What should I do next?

Gwil

that was a mistake... there is no such patch coming up

--
anilyarki