Old November 23rd 09, 06:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
CrucialHoax

Default Windows Vista Administrator lost password

Jeffer Larray;1193570 Wrote:
Hello Tara,

If you havenot NTFS encrypted files on your computer, you can just
reset the
administrator password to blank using a Windows Password Reset Disc.

I have used Lazesoft Recover My Password, which is a easy to use. Here
is
guides how to use it to reset Windows Administrator password to blank:
'Lazesoft Recover My Password - Forgot Windows admin user password?'
(http://www.lazesoft.com/forgot-windo...-password.html)

Jeffer

"Brink"

Hello Tara,

Your mother can do a system restore at boot using a restore point

dated
before the password was changed to restore the old password. The
tutorial below can help show her how to.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76...store-how.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

tarathezebra;1193447 Wrote:
I'm quite savy at computers but this is tricky. My mom has me set on
parental controls for Windows Vista. She gave me her password and I
turned them out, logged off and then logged back on to my account.
Then,
when I turned off the computer and she turned it back on the next
day,
her password didn't work. She's called people and apparently, I
changed
the password without knowing I did.

Here's the problem, I don't have a disk to reset the administrator
password and I already tried the CMD way to reset the password but I
got
"System Error 5 has occured. Access denied."

The administrator password is a big one since it controls everything
do. I can't change anything or download anything without that
password.

Is there ANYWAY I could change it?

--
tarathezebra

tarathezebra's Profile: 'tarathezebra's profile on TechArena
Computer
Hardware Support Forums of India'
('tarathezebra's profile on TechArena Computer Hardware Support
Forums of India' (http://forums.techarena.in/members/157158.htm))
View this thread: 'Windows Vista Administrator lost password - Vista
Administration'
('Windows Vista Administrator lost password - Vista Administration'
(http://forums.techarena.in/vista-adm...n/1274049.htm))

'TechArena Community - Technology and Computer Hardware Support
Forums
of India' ('TechArena Community - Technology and Computer Hardware
Support Forums of India' (http://forums.techarena.in))

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'

(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*' ('Windows 7 Forums'

(http://www.sevenforums.com/))
'*Windows Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)

*Please post feedback to help others.*

The easiest one to use is the Offlien NT Registry Editor. This will
clear the password for you so you can sign in and create a new one.
Please use this one, it is trusted and probably one of the more safe
ways to go.

This will download as an .iso file. It will need to be burnt as an
image. So you will need imgburn or other software that will handle .iso
formats.

Links and instructions:

Scroll down towards the bottom and you will see a Download section:
'Offline NT pw & reg-editor, bootdisk'
(http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html)

Instructions on how to use the Offline NT Password and Regsitry Editor:
'Offline NT pw & reg-editor, walkthrough'
(http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/walkthrough.html)

Imgburn:
'The Official ImgBurn Website'
(http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download)