Old November 23rd 09, 03:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Flavius

Default Windows Vista Administrator lost password

tarathezebra;1193447 Wrote:
I'm quite savy at computers but this is tricky. My mom has me set on
parental controls for Windows Vista. She gave me her password and I
turned them out, logged off and then logged back on to my account.
Then,
when I turned off the computer and she turned it back on the next day,
her password didn't work. She's called people and apparently, I changed
the password without knowing I did.

Here's the problem, I don't have a disk to reset the administrator
password and I already tried the CMD way to reset the password but I
got
"System Error 5 has occured. Access denied."

The administrator password is a big one since it controls everything I
do. I can't change anything or download anything without that password.

Is there ANYWAY I could change it?

--
tarathezebra
tarathezebra's Profile: 'tarathezebra's profile on TechArena Computer

'TechArena Community - Technology and Computer Hardware Support Forums
of India' (http://forums.techarena.in)

So you have to download & burn any tool to reset password i.e Offline
NT Registry Editor (*@CrucialHoax* post).Alternative you can try enable
in WinRE build-in Administrator account 'What do I do: I can no longer
log in or elevate to an administrator account'
(http://www.jimmah.com/vista/content.aspx?id=7)
System Restore (*@Brink* post) is also solution if both methods are too
hard.

--