Old May 21st 09, 03:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Joe[_21_]

Default Scarface the world is yours, problems with graphic

beeran wrote in
:

If anyone is having "graphics" issues (world is missing textures/
graphics look inverted.) while trying to play scarface twiy on Vista ..
try disabling all but one cpu on your system. The option is available
through "msconfig" and going to "boot" "advanced options" , tick the
checkbox and choose 1 cpu , reboot and load the game.

The game ran fine on XP , core 2 duo, nvidia Geforce 7950 but changing
to "Vista, quadcore cpu and sli 9800gtx cards proved to much for this
game

Last time I had missing textures in a game my video card chipset was
defective. Try taking out one of your cards, run the game, if the same
problems occur, try the game with the other card (only, no SLI).

If the problem goes away with a single card, but appears with the other
then toss that card to the manufacturer for a replacement.

Problem with SLI and RAID is the chance of failure increases as you add
more hardware.

--
Joe