Old January 6th 10, 09:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Default 2nd harddisk for dv7-3020

Hi,

Your laptop has both eSata and USB connections, but no additional drive
slots, it only accepts external drives. Your choices are to either purchase
a USB-based hard drive enclosure or use an eSata drive w/cable such as the
ones he
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...429&name=eSATA.

The proper terms for your installed drive, to avoid confusion when you are
describing it to others, is that it is a single physical drive partitioned
into two volumes. This is common with most manufacturers, one is a recovery
volume for use only when you have a complete operating system failure.
Access to this should be described in your system documentation.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Alan Whimp" wrote in message
I bought an HP Pavilion DV7-3020sa a week ago which has 2 HDD areas but
only 1 HDD fitted.
I have bought an identical HDD to the one already installed to fit into
the 2nd drive slot but cannot find anywhere where I can buy the lead to
connect it to the mainboard.
Having now tried over 15 companies, including HP, I am becoming
frustrated.
Does anyone know where the lead can be purchased?
It is a SATA socket on one end and a very very small plug on the other and
is only around one inch long. (Please note that it does not connect
directly to the mainboard in the usual clip-in method, it does have a
small cable!)

PLEASE HELP!!!!!