Thread: Bizarre noise
View Single Post
Old January 10th 10, 09:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jellygator
external usenet poster

Default Bizarre noise

Hi everyone. This is a question about a computer that doesn't have Vista, but I hope someone will have the kindness and knowledge to help me anyway. I'm an intermediate/advanced computer user. I just hooked up one of my old computers for the first time in a few years. I had bought another computer because I was having trouble ridding this one of a virus that was quite persistent. I got the virus off and used both computers for a while, until the monitor went out on the old one. I just bought a Sylvania television with computer input and hooked it up. Turned it on and discovered a rather loud alarm-like noise. It sounds for about 4 seconds every ten seconds or so. I turned it off and then back on without anything (monitor, keyboard, etc.) hooked up and it continues to make this noise. I removed the fan casing and confirmed it's not in the fan. I do not feel anything unusual on the hard drive. It appears to be coming from either the motherboard or the video or sound card. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums