Old February 17th 10, 06:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
walter deodiaus

Default HP Pavillion a1632x

No, the recovery process did not work. It reinstalls, but still gives me an
error with lsass.exe. I called HP, and they said I needed the CDs which
cost $30 to continue.
I got curious and decided to install Vista, which I got from a trade show.

As it turns out, if I disconnect my Linksys Wireless G router and plug the
Motorola network (provided by Comcast) modem directly into the computer,
then recycle the power on the modem, the network is found. Great as long as
I don't want to use the wireless or the Vonage phone in my house.

"Curious" wrote in message
Why were you unable to recover/reinstall the original XP OS? Didn't the
system come with a recovery partition and instructions on how to reinstall
the OS and on how to back up the recovery partition?

"walter deodiaus" wrote in message
BTW this all worked under XP before virus hit.
Also, the network connector works under Ubanto Linux