Old February 17th 10, 11:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
TheDuck[_2_]

Default HP Pavillion a1632x

All this BS and the easiest solution is to disable the onboard function and
buy a new lan card. They are cheap.

"Deodiaus" wrote in message
My cable modem I got from Comcast is a Motorola SB4200. It has a lan
attachment as well as a USB attachment. I went to the Motorola
website and downloaded the USB drivers, but get an error that the INF
was not correct. BTW, did the layout of the INF change from Vista SP0
to SP2?
Originally the computer was plugged into the Linksys WRTP54G-VR
Wireless Broadband G router.
BTW, someone suggested I get a Ethernet patch cable? Is that wired
differently than a standard LAN cable?
Do they make a LAN cable wired as a Y, so that I can run a line into
the computer and another into the Wireless router. Will that work, or
will it mess something else up?

On Feb 17, 8:32 am, "Curious" wrote:
I suggest you disconnect the Vonage phone and do a complete Reset of your
wireless router and then try again after setting the router up again.
Was the computer directly to the router or was it using wireless also?