Old April 5th 10, 10:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Default BIOS SETUP UTITLY LOST

Hi,

If you're getting that, then you're hitting the setup key too late. That
information is coming from the hard drive boot sector, meaning that control
has already been transferred from the BIOS to the hdd. BIOS access has to be
initiated before this point.

Are you certain that F10 is the proper key? The update may have changed
this. You'd have to consult with the BIOS supplier for details on changes
between the versions.

As well, upgrading the BIOS is rarely necessary unless you are trying to fix
a specific issue. Also, since many laptops have proprietary BIOS' from the
manufacturer, switching to a non-vendor supplied version may cause
additional, unknown issues. If you are unable to resolve this, the best
thing you can do is to revert to the original version.

Why is this holding you back from upgrading to Ultimate? If the existing
BIOS supported Home Premium, there's no reason it wouldn't support Ultimate.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"arico" wrote in message
Since I upgrading my BIOS (Phoenix technologies) V1.7 to V1.8, I can no
longer access the BIOS SETUP UTILITY MENU.

NOTE: the notebook is working fine, I can access the F2 boot and F8 advance
boot menu.

When I press F10 I get the following;

Edit windows boot options for: Microsoft Windows Vista
Path:\windows\system32\win load.exe
Partition:2
Hard Disk: 5c9d3909
E\NOEXECUTE=OPTOUT

MODEL: ACER ASPIRE 5735-4774. Vista. HP. 32. SP2

I donā?Tt have a backup, how to I get the SETUP UTILITY,

I want to upgrade to ultimate this is holding my back.