Old April 20th 10, 09:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Shiann

Default My VIA OHCI 1394 IEEE Host Controller

After running a diagnostic test it showed alert for my OHCI 1394 Host
Controller that won't start. And has yellow sign next to it in Device
Manager. I understand this controller was intergraded into the system by
Microsoft. I went onto Microsoft's fix it site to have problem analyzied and
they indicated a driver problemm with it and did a reinstall. It worked
temporarily. But the yellow alerts still nag at me. Now, I don't have a
need to use the OHCI IEEE 1394 port on back of my computer and my husband
doesn't on his either but he doesn't get a yellow error sign next to his 1394
IEEE in Device Manager. I get automatic updates but checked for updates on
this but there was none. Does this affect anything that I should continue
to attempt to repair this? Thanks
--
Shiann