Old April 25th 10, 09:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
floppydisk

Default Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 Double Clicks when Clicked Once.

Similar to Nash, mine was broken by cat hairs inside the mouse but on
the outside of the microswitch - I cleaned these and it's single clicky
again.
I just wanted to add this message to support the suggestion that the
problem can be outside the microswitch to anyone stumbling upon this
discussion - I certainly didn't expect cleaning around it to work but it
did.

--
floppydisk