Old June 2nd 10, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
peter

Default External Hard Drives

Most systems have USB ports.......buy an External HD in a case with a USB
connection.
The amount of Data that you back up determines the size of the
drive.......or just buy the
largest you can afford.

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"Gene L." wrote in message
I have been advised that it might be more advantageous for me to back up
my files on an external hard drive instead of on 5 or 6 DVD's. How do I go
about determining the capacity, quality and type of hardware needed? Can
someone point me in the right direction/

Many Thanks!