Old June 12th 10, 03:59 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Yousuf Khan

Default Can't extend screen display onto second monitor after reboot Vista 64由adeon X1900

On 6/10/2010 7:07 AM, wrote:
I am reposting this with a different thread name because I now have a
quite different understanding now of what is going on. Although the
CCC interface works somewhat clumsily, when I reinstall CCC version
10.2容ach time I reinstall it in fact, I am able to extend my screen
on to the second monitor. I see an icon for screen 1 and a separate
icon for screen 2 as I should and I can control the resolutions of
each monitor independently of the other. When I reboot, no matter what
I do, only the screen 1 icon appears and, although I can clone onto
the second monitor I cannot extend my main monitor desktop onto it.

It sounds like maybe you have multiple different versions of the driver
and/or software installed, and that somehow older versions are mixing
with newer versions. Try totally uninstalling all of the versions of the
ATI software, and reinstall only the lastest version after the reboot.

Coincidentally with every version of CCC I have used in Vista 64 I
have always had to reset the resolution (it defaults to 640 X 480)
after every reboot. Now it is bad enough having to reset the
resolution after every reboot. I would hate to think that I also have
to reinstall CCC after every reboot whenever I want to extend the main
screen onto a second monitor.

Yousuf Khan