Old February 26th 11, 04:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Larry[_16_]

Default Changing Boot Devices Without Reinstalling Windows 7

All,

I was given an image of a Windows 7 machine on an IDE drive to build
into a VM (VMware Workstation 7) for evidence collection. I use BESR
to generate a sv2i file, then imported the sv2i into a VM using VMware
Workstation's import utility. However, the VM crashes on boot with a
Stop: 0x0000007B
(0xFFFFFA60005AF9C0,0xFFFFFFFFC0000034,0x000000000 0000000,0x0000000000000000).
I believe that the 07B is a complaint about an inaccessible boot
device. I have never seen the original machine, but I expect that it's
a SATA drive and VMware Workstation is set up with a standard IDE
controller. Can anyone suggest a way to substitute the standard IDE
drivers in an existing build?

Thanks,
Larry
--
Be polite when e-mailing me. Rudeness will get you nowhere.