Old June 2nd 10, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Ed Pyle

Default Upgrade from XP - network printer problem

On my way to getting to Windows 7 I upgraded to Vista from XP in a new
partition. I still have a partition running XP. I have a HP 4000n network
printer which I can print to from the XP partition and which is used by two
other computers. I originally used the HP Install Printer Wizard to install
that printer in XP. In the Vista partition I downloaded and installed HP
Install Printer Wizard 8.1. However, it did not find my laser printer - the
same one that I print to every day from the XP partition. I turned off
Windows firewall and disabled Norton firewall - the printer was still not
detected. I completely uninstalled Norton Internet Security - the printer
was still not detected. Anyone have an idea of what might be wrong or how I
might install the network printer so that it is accessible in the Vista
partition?