Old July 22nd 10, 02:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
[email protected]

Default OS on a logical drive by itself?

I've often heard that the OS should be on a drive (logical drive) by
itself so that, when it gets a problem, you can just re-install a new
copy of the OS on that drive. However, isn't the OS modified when you
install programs? Where would you install them? Can someone explain the
procedure for this and how it works? It has always confused me and, if
if works as I understand, I'd like to try it.