Old August 5th 10, 08:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
GreenFire999

Default \Boot\BCD 0xc000000f error

I don't know the full story of this computer because it was my sister's
and they had it for a long time. The only thing they tell me is that
when they moved the computer in a different location and hooked it up,
it shows

Verifying DMI Pool Data.....

then,

File: \Boot\BCD

Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration
data.

I tried all kinds of file moving and placing BCD into the computer
using cmd on a Vista Recovery Disc but nothing seems to work.

The thing that is making it harder is the hard drive in the Bios menu
says it is capable of holding 160 GB but when you try to do a system
recovery it shows "Disk 0 Unallocated Space" as the driver and the total
space and free space is 7.5 GB and it would not let me System Restore
it. There is also an error at the bottom saying "This computer's
hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's
controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu" but when i check the
BIOS menu, im stumped of what to look for.

also during the Vista recovery, when when you click Repair My Computer,
the computer cannot find a driver to use during the recovery

And i tried doing the /FIXMBR, /FIXBOOT, and /REBUILDBCD

but /FIXMBR and /FIXBOOT pops up saying it cannot be performed because
of an I/O device error and /REBUILDBCD says "Total identified Windows
installations: 0

And if it helps, I found out how to get to Safe Mode with Command
Prompt but it doesn't bring up the cmd, It would just bring up the Vista
Recovery disc.

The computer is a Acer Aspire T180 Desktop, Windows Vista HomeBasic